When working with a previously created Word document, you may notice that a number of Microsoft Word Styles have been applied throughout.
To quickly view which styles have been applied and where, you can activate the Style Area Pane in Draft view.
- On the ribbon, Click the File Tab
- Select Options(just above Exit at the bottom) this will open the Word Options dialog box
- Click on the Advancedbutton
- Scroll down (about half way) to the Displaysection
- In the box after Style area pane with in Draft and Outline views:enter 1″, click OK The Style area pane will now be set to one inch in Draft View. You can re-adjust the width as needed once the initial area pane has been activated.
- Change to Draft view by clicking the View Taband clicking Draft.
- You will notice the style names along the left edge of the document.
For more word tips see our Word Training Classes.