If you need to move documents from one library to another in SharePoint, or even from one folder to another, you can use this technique.
- Go to one of the libraries, and locate the documents you wish to move.
- On the Library tab on the Ribbon, click on the Open with Explorer button. This will open your library in Windows Explorer – and you should see your documents in it.
- Minimize this window and then go to the other folder or library in SharePoint, where you wish to move the documents.
- Open this new location by clicking the Open with Explorer button. You should now have two Window’s Explorer windows open.
- Click-and-drag the documents from one window to the other.
- When done moving all documents, close both windows and refresh the SharePoint site. You should now see your documents located in the new location.
For more power Sharepoint technique see our Sharepoint Tips.