Dealing with Difficult People and Situations
Class Duration: 7 hours
Difficult people and situations are unproductive and can throw you off the purpose of your meeting, project or discussion. This course is for anyone who would like to equip themselves to address these people/situations. You will learn how to address and deal with different types of difficult people/personalities that impede progress in a discussion, meeting, project or relationships.
Have you experienced frustration when:
- Talking with a person who becomes oppositional, snippy, or an “expert” no matter the topic?
- Confronted with a difficult person or situation and you realize you’re not equipped to deal with it?
These situations are unproductive and can throw you off the purpose of your meeting, project, or discussion, much less be embarrassing. Often, people with difficult personalities /behaviors derive attention and enjoy stirring the pot, which gives them a short-term power advantage. Sometimes though, they are not consciously intending to cause upset, slow down a project, or stir the pot. Instead, they are just who they are having learned these behaviors per previous role models. But, do we make them aware of this difficult behavior? Or, do we work to temper the moment in order to be productive? Receive answers to these questions and more in this course.
This course is for anyone who would like to equip themselves to address these people/situations. Your experienced instructor will address different types of difficult people/personalities that impede progress in a discussion, meeting, project or relationship and how to deal with them.
Training Class Goal
In this class you will walk away with important how to’s like:
- A keen awareness and better understanding of others difficult behavior
- Tools to temper and diffuse tough situations you encounter
- Concrete skills to neutralize or re-direct someone’s inappropriate behavior
- Steps for engaging in discussion with a difficult person to realize and shed an inappropriate behavior
None – this class is useful for anyone who wants to improve their communication skills and learn to deal with difficult people and situations.
- Learning how to better understand others
- Understanding assumptions in communications and how to change them
- Understanding where difficult behaviors come from
- Why these difficult people/personalities are what they are
- Understanding and addressing emotional expression
- Identifying researched difficult behaviors and where they come from
- Key techniques you can use when dealing with difficult people and situations
- How to diffuse emotion in others
- Ensuring your message gets across
- Different methods we can employ to work through issues with others
- Tools and techniques to deal with specific difficult behavior types that we encounter
- Live practice dealing with difficult types
- Action plan to address current difficult types you experience
- Instructor coaching on your plans & techniques
Our instructors are based in Arizona and Colorado, but can travel to any location outside of those states.