Managing Remote Employees Training on 5-5-21
Learn the techniques needed to best manage a team of remote or dispersed employees.
15 in stock
Managing Remote Employees Training
Date: May 5, 2021
Time: 8:00 am-4:00 pm – Mountain Time
Class Duration: 7 hours
Cost: $450 per seat
Format: Virtual classroom live training
Managing remote employees can prove rewarding, liberating and fulfilling, or you can feel like an empty nest parent whose kids don’t stay in touch.
Building teamwork, trust and trackability are three cornerstones of effective remote management of virtual employees. Learn how to build credibility and confidence with a virtual workforce.
Training Class Goals
Micro-managing vs. micro-monitoring.
Often, the difference between resentment and resilience occurs in the subtleties of remote employee management. If virtual employees feel “Big Brother” is watching, they will naturally tend to become defensive. On the other hand, if they feel supported and know they have a safety net, positive results are likely to follow. This class will help managers learn how to:
- Motivate remote employees
- Create an accountability system
- Understand the different communication needs
- Create a tightly-knit team that stays connected and productive
There are no requirements to attend this class
Leading a remote team
- Setting the vision – how to communicate the team vision and keep employees focused on it in their work efforts.
- Creating expectations – how to clearly communicate and set performance and team expectations to ensure employees move toward common objectives correctly.
- Communicating WIIFMs – drive employees toward goals by communicating the benefits to them “what’s in it for me.”
- Quantity and quality – increased communication needed with remote employees
- Communication vehicles – the different ways to communicate with a distributed workforce and when and how to use them
- Picking the appropriate option for different situations
- How and when to have team meetings
- Accessibility – establishing your credibility through commitments, guidance, and owning decisions
Micro-Monitoring vs. Micro-Managing
- Creating and using tools to enable employees to manage themselves and track their own performance
- Increasing responsibility to decrease management time
- Setting goals – how to engage employees in their own development
- Managing to expectations
- Monitoring tools
- What can be monitored & how to monitor
- What can be managed & how to manage
Development of remote employees
- Training – methods for training remote employees, when to use each
- Skill vs. talent training
- On-going mentoring – development as a continuous process
- Reactionary vs. proactive
- Socratic coaching
- How to give good feedback
- Performance reviews and feedback – frequency, how to conduct and communicate, evaluating team
- Identifying skills vs talent performance
Motivating remote employees
- Creating leaders and building ownership
- Empowering employees – enabling employees by giving them decision opportunities.
- Turning work into play
- Ways to reward a virtual team
- No vs. low vs. high cost options
- Public vs. private reward systems
Disciplining remote employees
- Action plans
- Key items to include
- How to deliver
- How to monitor
- Handling conflicts between remote team members
Hiring remote employees
- Ideal traits of the remote employee
- Using the remote employee skill assessment
Implementing remote management skills
- Creating action plans, getting immediate results.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Mountain Time
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.