- This event has passed.
Writing Effective Emails Training
August 19, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$150.00
Writing Effective Emails
Class Duration: 1.5 hours
Format: Virtual classroom live training
This class gives personnel at all organizational levels the techniques they need to communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively through email.
While email has become widely accepted as the default method of communication in business, many employees struggle with balancing appropriate style, tone and construction with the convenience and speed of email. This webinar takes a fresh look at how to use professional business writing principles and guidelines to get the most from email communication by writing effective emails.
Training Class Goal
- Learn ways to evaluate every word that goes into email messages and what they will mean to the people who read them.
- Understand that the message should be more about the recipient than the sender, and learn techniques to send clear succinct messages.
- Learn to control the tone of an email — to phrase things so that misunderstandings and unintentional emotional provocations don’t occur.
There are no prerequisites for the course
- Clarifying the purpose for your email
- Informing vs. creating action
- Analyzing the audience
- Powerful subject lines
- Getting the message right
- When to include others
- Signature lines
- Sending options
- Replying to and forwarding messages
- Sending to mobile devices