- This class has passed.
PowerPoint Intermediate Training
March 8 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm MST$250.00
PowerPoint Intermediate – Designing for Presentation
Take your PowerPoint skills to the next level by learning to make more complex, interactive, and engaging presentations.
Class Duration: 4 hours
Format: Virtual classroom live training
Are your PowerPoint presentations lacking the polish or punch you’d like them to have? Our Intermediate PowerPoint training class lets you take your PowerPoint skills to the next level, enabling you to make more complex, interactive, and engaging presentations. This course will give you the ability to create presentations that will be more visually appealing and impactful when giving a presentation. The course provides ample interactive activity, allowing you to be sure that you have mastered each lesson. The course provides ample interactive activity, allowing you to be sure that you have mastered each lesson. Our experienced educators will be with you every step of the way, leading you to a thorough understanding of the material, and answering all of your questions.
Training Class Goal
Students exiting this class will learn the skills to create PowerPoint content for presentations. They will learn how to create consistent themes and color schemes, customize images with many unique tricks, and develop slides that will get the most audience retention. Students will understand more advanced slide formatting techniques and will learn to better use the master slide. They will learn to use more advanced techniques in working with pictures and SmartArt. More advanced presentation tools, provided in PowerPoint, will also be covered.
Students entering the Intermediate PowerPoint training course should have a general familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint, including adding slides, editing content, and working with graphics. Students should also feel comfortable working in Microsoft Word.
Creating PowerPoint Slides for Impactful Presentations
- The 5 step process to develop fast and professional PowerPoint presentations
- How to create dynamic slides for presentations
- How to create slides that increase audience retention and recall of content
- Best practices for powerful PowerPoint presentations
Slide Master and Theme Formatting
- Formatting the Slide Master
- Changing theme colors
- Creating custom font themes
- Changing slide layouts
- Themes and colors for consistent and polished presentations
Pictures and Images
- The proper balance of images and text on a slide
- The best types of images to use
- Where to find images
- Inserting pictures
- Resizing and moving images
- Cropping images
Pictures Special Effects
- Expanding parts of images to create “blank space”
- Making collages of images that look consistent
- Modifying pictures with color and effects
- Adjusting image shading and color to best display text
- Using Blur effects for slide backgrounds
- Rotating images
- Creating SmartArt displays of information
- Formatting SmartArt with color and shapes
- Using the mini slide-show window when editing
- Working in Slide Sorter View
- Adding interactions with action buttons
- Creating hyperlinks with images
Completing the Presentation
- Running the presentation
- Hiding slides
- Creating Custom Shows
- Audience handouts – avoiding the slide deck print!
- Additional presentation tools
- Tips and tools for best running presentations
- Additional presentation techniques
Learn to go beyond the basics to build more complex and engaging presentations with AdvantEdge Training’s Intermediate PowerPoint training class. Our courses are designed specifically for companies and their employees.