Emotional Intelligence in Business Training
Class Duration: 7 hours
In the Emotional Intelligence training you will learn how to influence and direct your emotional states, read and influence others’ emotions, and even anticipate their behaviors. Emotional Intelligence classes will help you develop the skills to be more effective in communication, manage conflicts better, and get people from no to yes. EQ is now a stronger predictor of success than IQ, and many companies are now hiring candidates based on their EQ. Learning how to master your Emotional Intelligence can launch you on the road to success in both your personal and work goals.
Training Class Goal
Our Emotional Intelligence Courses help you develop an understanding of how to manage emotions to control impulses, read and manage reactions in others, drive goals and productivity, deal with change, improve negotiations, deal with stress, and solve problems.
No prerequisites for this course.
What is Emotional Intelligence and why is it important?
- Strategic components
- Different EI Models
- How we feel about ourselves and our ability to accept ourselves
- Analyzing desires and the emotional changes that need to be made to reach them
- Creating the ability to drive and set goals in life
- How to live up to your potential
- Understanding the fight-flight response and how it can impact interactions with others
- Identifying what we each personally move toward and away from
- Techniques to realize and analyze your emotions before you react
- Recognizing how we personally emotionally react to things
- Syncing verbal and non-verbal communication
- How identifying and changing those reactions can impact outcomes
- Growing self-confidence to trust one’s own judgement
- Identifying strengths
- The difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness
- How to be more or less assertive
- How to say “no”
- How to strengthen interpersonal relationships
- importance of developing these relationships at work
- How to develop and express it
- How to be a good listener
- Identifying the positive in people and situations and how to reflect on the best
- Collaboration vs Competition
- Seeing the bigger picture
- Testing our assumptions
- Removing your own filters to see other perspectives
- The harmful impact of not controlling impulses
- Avoiding knee-jerk reactions to provide thoughtful responses
- Adapting to change
- Saying “yes” to possibilities
- Understanding how you respond to stress
- Understanding its impact on you
- How to mitigate stress and minimize its impact
- How outlook can change reality
- Understanding the choice of optimism
- Learning how to be an optimist
- Ways to generate happiness
- Creating a happiness action plan
Creating an EQ-I plan to develop all components
These Emotional Intelligence classes can help you learn to master your interactions with others as well as better analyze the data you receive in your work environment. It will give you the tools that can help you excel in both your personal and professional life.
Our instructors are based in Denver, Colorado and Phoenix, Arizona, but can travel to your location anywhere in the nation. Or if you are just looking for an individual seat in a class, you can register to take a class in our Virtual Training Center.