Communications for IT Employees
Class Duration: 7 hours
When working in a technical environment there are many occasions where you have to communicate with others such as clients, other departments or provide customer service. These situations take finesse and strong communication skills to ensure the correct information is gathered and that frustrations don’t escalate. This course helps you learn how to strengthen those skills to be a strong communicator.
Training Class Goal
In the Communications for IT class you will learn how to be more effective in your communications while at work by refining your skills in:
- Refining your delivery
- Asking powerful questions
- Creating strong relationships
- Using good customer service skills
Do you have a hard time saying “No”? Or are you too assertive and tend to alienate others? This Communications training will help you learn how to diplomatically learn to say “No” and how to be assertive without being a steamroller.
Can it be difficult to get to the root of people’s needs or desires in a conversation? This course will help you learn how to get to the main issues that others may have a hard time communicating.
None – this class is useful for anyone working in a technical environment that wants to improve their communication skills.
The need for effective communication
- Understanding other’s perspectives
- Components of Communication
- Approaching Communication
- Observation skills
- Changing Assumptions
Asking powerful questions
Refining your delivery
- Delivering an Effective Message
- Building Rapport
- Diffusing Emotion in a conflict
Assertiveness vs Aggressiveness
The importance of follow up and follow through
Explaining complex topics
- Using analogies
Good Customer Service – How to be a Problem Solver
- Reducing Conflict
- 7 steps to customer problem solving
- The Recovery Process – how to recover when there is a perceived service issue and keep the client happy
- The 10 most helpful customer service phrases
Developing and Maintaining Relationships
- Setting clear expectations
- Recognizing the power of your behavior
- Understanding different communication styles
- Creating likeability
Our instructors are based in Arizona and Colorado, but can travel to any location outside of those states.